Friday, June 18, 2010

Review: The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting


Violet Ambrose can find the dead. Or at least, those who have been murdered. She can sense the echoes they leave behind... and the imprints they leave on their killers. As if that weren't enough to deal with during junior year, she also has a sudden, inexplicable, and consuming crush on her best friend since childhood, Jay Heaton. 

Now a serial killer has begun terrorizing Violet's small town... and she realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.


The Body Finder was a very interesting, creepy read. After reading the prologue, I was hooked. The ability to sense dead bodies isn't something I've seen before, and it was very well done. The writing envelopes you, as does the level of detail in everything. For me - as a guy - that wasn't always a good thing. I sometimes got tired of reading about how Violet wished her hair was straight and not curly, or the details of makeup and dresses. Having said that, I loved this book. It had just the right amount of suspense, and while the ending didn't completely catch me by surprise, I still completely enjoyed it. 
The cover is stunning, and definitely caught my eye when I first saw it. I didn't know exactly what it represented, but it made me want to read it. 


5/5


Recommended if you liked The Midnight Twins, White Cat, and mystery/suspense stories.


This book was received free from the publisher for review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails